The burpee is notorious!! Whether you love them or hate them (but really, who likes them?) No doubt you have been subjected to their torture!
However, despite the bad wrap they get, burpees are a great excise to have in your toolbox. Doing burpees is a great way to increase your heart rate, and improve your overall conditioning.
Here is a quick breakdown on how to execute a burpee, so you can smash them when you are next in the gym!
- From a standing position, bend at the hips and jump both legs back together.
- From the ‘high plank’ position ensure that your core is engaged, your back remains straight and your belly button is not dropping toward the floor.
- Drop your chest to the floor so you are in a lying down position on your front.
- Push up with your hands from the ground, and jump both your legs in under your hips and lift up your chest
- Jump up in the air and clap your hands over head
- Congratulations! You have now successfully completed one burpee.
…. Now do 100
Kate ‘Burpee Queen’ Bethune
Yes we know you hate burpees, but do you do them? If not, why not do them at an RBT, enter your details below for a free two week trial at your closest RBT.